- Sold by the case only, 12 per case.
- Multi-purpose bonding and long lasting seals
- Permanently elastic to allow joint movement
- 60-90 skin time; paintable, once skin forms
- Good UV resistance
- One component, moisture-curing sealant simplifies production
- Bonds dissimilar materials for increased design flexibility
- Gap filling capability
- Vertical and horizontal panel bonding and joint sealing
- Aluminum curtain walls and storefronts
- Transportation manufacturing (bus, rail, truck, trailer)
- Replacement of mechanical fasteners in many situations
Paintable after Skin Forms for Improved Appearance
3M™ Polyurethane Sealant 540 offers an alternative to mechanical fasteners and can replace rivets in some applications. It will bond dissimilar substrates and a wide selection of materials. This will perform in temperatures ranging from -40°F/-40°C to 194°F/90°C. Once skin forms (60-90 minutes), the sealant can be painted to improve the final finish.